Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Letting Go...

Things have been tough around here. I've had some improvements but occasionally have anaphylaxis and my emotions have been running high. Emotions, unfortunately, can make me react so it's better to keep them calm. 😳
In March I applied for disability; this week I finally got notice that it had been declined. I wasn't really too surprised- I had been told only about 20% get approved their first time. But I did feel like I had my last hope pulled away. Yesterday I called a lawyer so we are hoping he can help us more but it is really up to our Drs reports. He told us exactly what kind of information my records needed to show. Just before we got off the phone he said I probably would not be approved this next time either, we will probably have to have a hearing to get it approved. That was it, my heart could handle no more. The appeals and hearing process could take at least six more months. In the meantime there are so many needs.
I have been fighting tears since yesterday morning. The heaviness in my chest was too much to handle tonight. I finally remembered about the Atonement and how it is always here for me to call on. I stopped what I was doing and said a prayer and ask Jesus to take my pain through His atonement. The pain immediately left and my burden was lightened.
I then told my Heavenly Father about my biggest stress- our finances- we live pretty frugally and when our kids have big activities they have to earn their own money, and not from us. They've worked hard for those things.
We have no money(-$600) in our bank right now and we are owing a house payment. I told Heavenly Father I needed the answer to hit me in the head. I was in no way in a mindset to understand a "quiet prompting". I also ask for Doug to be blessed to have strength, patience, ability to listen and act on promptings. I feel peace, hopefully it will continue but for now I know I have a Heavenly Father who loves me unconditionally and I have a Savior who has already felt everything we feel, we just have to let go of what we think we have "control"of and let atonement work.

Location:N 810 E,Smithfield,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment