Saturday, June 10, 2017

We have to start somewhere

For months I have been trying to get this blog going. I've been overwhelmed where to start, there is so much to say and no way to say it. Today, I decided to just start and I will start with my post I put on social media. Today feels like a hopeful day...

Twenty two years ago I made a decision, one of the most right decisions I've ever made- to marry the man who would carry me through more than I ever could have dreamed. The years have not been easy but when I look at this picture- one of my favorites ever! And see the "amazing" that has come from our union I can do nothing but be grateful for the man who has fought tooth and nail for me. It is because of him I am here. He never quits fighting for me or with me and holding his hand makes me truly believe we can conquer the world! Every day for twenty two years we've chosen each other and because of that my love for him is immeasurable. Doug, grow old with me, I have faith the best is yet to be, as long as you're with me. And what is the anniversary gift for 22 years? A new refrigerator of course!😂

Twenty two years seemed like forever when I was twenty.

Twenty two years feels like nothing and everything when I'm forty two.

*Ian and Mick at Grandma Marie Meikle's graveside service March 13, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment